Monday, March 2, 2009

We like art "weather" it is good or bad!


I woke up bright and early today knowing that I need to catch my plane back home. But then remembered "oh yeah they canceled my flight." So on the prowl to find a new way home but then the next flight out got canceled as well. So I get an entire day of sitting on the couch and watching movies and blogging. WOW, now that's what I call a vacation. It wasn't part of the plan, but what a great addition to my need of rest and relaxation. Yesterday, I was looking out the window of the dining area and could see the street signs but today the snow on the roof below was almost covering it. It was also fun to watch Kalynn get ready to shovel the snow. She looks cute no matter what the weather is. Look fellas she even does the heavy work. She is truly amazing and guys you are missing out.




Not only did she shovel the snow, she even got up and made us gals a great breakfast. She made Pumpkin pecan waffles, bacon, juice and fruit. Wow I am spoiled to have such a great friend.


It's a good thing we braved the cold when we did or else we would have never gone to the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA). Again, compliments of one of Kalynn's friends with tickets. Great Friends! This lion was found on a wall in Iraq.

This was the Egyptian gallery and they tons of mummies of not just humans, but cats, dogs, crocodiles and weird stuff.

I took this picture in hopes to inspire one of my students to try and duplicate this hair do. I thought it was cool.

Take a nice long look at this picture because I took a verbal lashing from a museum staff member for taking this picture of these egyptian walls. Had no idea photography wasn't allowed. Oh well, got one now! ha.




I liked this piece of work not for the work per say, but for the shadows it created. If you stood there long enough it looked like the flames were flickering.


Out of all the art in the museum, who can refuse the Statue of the Lady de la Armstrong. She is so life like and it too, seems to move if you look at it long enough.
I finally have experienced what real Indian food tastes like at a restaurant called Poonjabs. It was really cool to see all the decorations and try authentics tastes. Their mango drinks, potato filled samosas and curry and rice. I thought of my sister Makayla because everything the eat has cilantro in it and she loves that.

No comments:

Post a Comment